I KNEW THALLI POGATHEY WAS GOING TO BE SPECIAL



It was only a teaser of Gautham Vasudev I Menon's Achcham Yenbathu Madamaiyada, but the song Thalli Pogathey has already become a rage, with cover versions, dubsmash videos and caller tunes of the song becoming popular among music lovers. What's Hot chats with Sid Sriam, the singer who has sung the song about the making of the song, working with AR Rahman, his Carnatic concerts and more.. . 

Tell us about recording for Thalli Pogathey. Did you expect it to have this huge a reception? 
It was around the second week of December when I got a call from Rahman sir's studio to record a song. When Rahman sir gave me the rough track, I knew this one was going to be special. Like always, he had composed this one beautifully and it was surreal to learn that he had chosen me to render this number. So, I recorded the song and got busy with my Margazhi music concerts. I got a call again on the night of December 31 to make some changes to the track. So, I went again and it was there that I learnt that they were going to release the song on New Year. Usually, I don't think how a song would be received by the audiences.And I didn't think about the reach of Thalli Pogathey, too. But it is heartening to see so many people taking a liking to this number. I am so glad that Rahman chose me to render this song. 

Published in TIMES OF INDIA Daily English News Paper Dated 15-January-2015

0 Comments:


 

CONTACT ADMIN : teamstrofficial@gmail.com