AYM’s delay frustrates manjima!

Manjima Mohan is making her Tamil debut with Achcham Yenbadhu Madamaiyada, opposite STR. “Director Gautham Menon saw my Malayalam film promotions and chose me for this film. I got to know that it would be a bilingual film only after signing the film. Initially, I was not interested in acting in it. But, Gautham encouraged me to do it,” says the actress. 

On her co-stars, she says, “Both STR and Chaitanya are friendly and have supported me throughout the film. Chaitanya was very helpful right from the first day and we both discussed our scenes. For STR, it took two to three months before we started talking. He is a natural actor and goes with the flow.” The shoot happened first in Telugu, and then in Tamil. “I used to write the lines and an assistant director translated them for me,” says Manjima. 

The actress admits, “My father did not want me to become an actress. He has nothing against the industry, but he has seen the struggles of an actress.” On Gautham’s style of filmmaking, she adds, “Romance was a tough task for me, but he gives a lot of space to actors and helps them out. He switches on the camera, gives only a few instructions, and asks us to enact the scene,” she says. 

She adds that working in this film is like a certificate from an acting school. Manjima also says that she wants to do more films in the near future. “I want to do typical commercial films, but I am against exposing. I only want to look glamorous,” she says. After much delay, the film is now releasing on November 11. “I got frustrated and called my father and also asked Gautham. He explained the reasons for the delay and now I understand. But sometimes, I need to be more patient,” admits the actress.
Published in DECCAN CHRONICLE Daily English News Paper Dated 3-11-2016

0 Comments:


 

CONTACT ADMIN : teamstrofficial@gmail.com