I am not answerable to anyone after AAA’s release: Simbu

...says Simbu wronging the allegations made against him by producer Michael.
Simbu is once again in the news for wrong reasons. His former film producer Michael Rayappan claims that Simbu did not turn up for the shooting of his last film Anbanavan Asaradhavan Adangadhavan and hence he has incurred huge losses to the tune of Rs 2 crores. He approached TFPC (Tamil Nadu Film Producer’s Council) with a complaint to resolve issue. When DC contacted STR, he has his own version to say. “I cannot be answerable to a film which is already released. Let the Nadigar Sangam get my money owed by Michael Rayappan which amounts to about `3.5 crores for which I have given a complaint much before AAA’s release.”

According to Michael Rayappan it was Simbu who voluntarily called and gave his call sheets. “When Miruthan got completed, Simbu had called and said that he is available for my next film. He promised that he would come for shooting properly and that he has realised the importance of time and money. He said he would give complete support. Despite many people warning me not to work with him — because he was convincing I could not back out. But despite giving dates from January, he did not turn up twice. The heroine was brought to Chennai with her assistants and her dates were also wasted. He did not turn up several times and did not allow us to take the film as per the script. As a result, the movie was a flop and eventually pushed me into debts,” Michael says. 

He also accused Simbu that the actor is least bothered about anyone so long as he gets his money. “To get money, he would go to any extent giving out false promises. The 2 crore rupees were given to him in front of his parents only.” 

An unperturbed person that he was, Simbu said, “If I had taken an advance for a film and if a problem arises while it’s on floors, I am answerable for that. Why would I respond to anyone’s claim when the movie has been already released? If they had complained while we were shooting AAA, there’s some meaning. That being the case, it’s not fair for the Producers Council to ask me about it. Although, I haven’t received any official letter from them. I have given up my salary that was due to me and only then, the movie got released.” 

The VTV star also adds, “In fact, I have given a complaint to Nadigar Sangam to get Rs 3.5 crores from producer Michael Rayappan which he owes me much ahead of Anbanavan… release. Let them put the Red Card — I know how to handle it.” 

When we contacted TFPC, a close source confirms that they have asked explanation from STR after they received a written complaint from Michael. 

“There’s nothing called the ‘Red Card’ or anything. We want to resolve the issue as early as possible. STR has to face the repercussions. Other producers would think twice before signing him and those who have signed may also back out,” says the source indicating the actor’s upcoming film with Mani Ratnam. Another source from SIAA also confirmed that there was a complaint from STR on Michael to recover the outstanding payment to him.
Thanks : Anupama Subramanian

PUBLISHED IN DECCAN CHRONICLE DAILY ENGLISH NEWS PAPER DATED 1-DECEMBER-2017

0 Comments:


 

CONTACT ADMIN : teamstrofficial@gmail.com